About the Orbera Intragastric Balloon Managed Weight Loss System*
Non-surgical Weight loss option for adults suffering from obesity with a BMI of 30 to 40
With Orbera, Dr. Marvin will gently insert the single balloon through your mouth (endoscopically), with no incisions or scars. The device is removed after 6 months with the same endoscopic method.
Unlike weight loss surgeries, Orbera is not a permanent implant and does not permanently reroute your digestive system.*
Insertion of the balloon is completed in about 15 minutes, with no hospital stay required. You can get in and out and on your way to weight loss.
How the Orbera Balloon Helps to Lose Weight and Keep it Off*
Orbera has a 20 year history of over 220,000 placements globally . The two part system combines placement and a support program tailored to each patient. The device takes up room in your stomach so there’s less space for food and you feel satisfied longer and is well tolerated in the majority of patients.*
What makes the Orbera Balloon different?
- The only one recognized by the ASGE for its safety and effectiveness*
- Spherical shape with a smooth, soft surface to reduce chance of ulcers*
- Filled with sterile saline rather than air to fill the stomach and reinforce portion control*
- May be filled to a volume of 400-700cc
- Radiopaque valve to support visualization within the stomach
(*ORBERA® has met the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy’s (ASGE) Preservation and Incorporation of Valuable Endoscopic Innovations (PIVI) threshold standards for the treatment of obesity.)
How it Works
- Deflated ORBERA® balloon is inserted through your mouth and into your stomach.
- The balloon is then filled with a sterile saline solution to the size of a grapefruit.
- The balloon takes up enough space in your stomach to help you adapt to healthier portion sizes.*
- The balloon is removed 6 months later with a non-surgical procedure.
Side effects that may result from the use of ORBERA® include the risks associated with any endoscopic procedure and those associated with the medications and methods used in this procedure, as well as your ability to accept a foreign object placed in your stomach. Possible side effects include: partial or bowel blockage, little or no weight loss, negative health consequences resulting from weight loss, stomach pain, continuing nausea and vomiting, abdominal or back pain, acid reflux, influence on food digestion, blockage of food going to the stomach, bacterial growth in the fluid filling the balloon which can lead to infection, injury to the lining of the digestive tract, stomach or esophagus, and balloon deflation.
Change Your Lifestyle With Orbera Coach*
With ORBERA® Coach, you receive the personalized support and motivation you need to achieve your weight loss goals.*
ORBERA® Coach is an innovative program designed to provide post-procedure support for patients during their weight loss journey. The 12 months of coaching includes live 1:1 and group sessions with registered dietitian coaches, comprehensive information, and motivational tools delivered via the digital device of your choice.
Orbera Coach Provides You With:
- 12 Monthly 1:1 sessions with a registered dietitian
- 12 Monthly group sessions
- 100’s of ORBERA® appropriate recipes
- Mobile Apps: iOS and Android
- Unique picture based food diary
Regular consultation with a registered dietitian for the first year after your procedure is included in the cost when Dr. Marvin performs your Orbera procedure. There is a fee for service for the Orbera Coach program. Please contact Orbera for pricing. https://www.orbera.com/coach